Saturday 31 May 2014

SELINDUNG HILL


The Best Place for Stillness Lovers

            Hello viewers, how do you do?? Today i would like to share about my vacation.
 When I think about vacation, my memory always directs to a place that I visited two years ago. 
That place is located twelve kilometers away from my village where  I was born, that place is Selindung. Selindung means “hidden”. It is very far from city and remote from residence of people. I have gone to several famous place of several regencies and no one can make me carried away with them but Selindung.
           
The good place to visit in my regency is Selindung. Few people know about this place, because they think it is not so beautiful as they think. For me and my friends this is the first option where we have to visit to. We will feel enchantment  since the first step when we come there. We will be aware that we are standing on the sandy ground, we will feel natural environment, no air polution, sniff in fresh air, hear the singing birds, hear and see the flowing water. 

If we go further more to the woods, we will find wide place for relaxing ourselves because it is safe from shining sun. We  will hear some noise from somewhere, that is noisy of a cascade. Cascade, that is the center of this place. It has unique shape, it is like  ladder exactly, it also has a well like a nestle right under it. By breathing deeply around the cascade, we will get “new feeling” of breathing. After being given freshness by the air around the cascade, we ought to wash our face with flowing water of cascade, and the real fresh emerges in our brain and face because it is cold and pure water. The last charming part of Selindung is the top of its hill, it’s about 230 meters high, in this position we can see hundreds kilometers away of all direction, blue sea, Singkawang city and my beloved village. What a beautiful scenery is. We won’t be bored visit this place despite ten times a month.

            I have not visited Selindung since going to university and settling down at Pontianak city. Untill now, I have visited some famous places in some regencies but no one is as beautiful as Selindung. I am sure the best place for stillness lovers is Selindung. it offers stillness and natural place for us. Just twelve kilometers away, I will get my stillness back.

No comments :

Post a Comment